Note: This method will work on any Pokemon generated by Method 1 in Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire. Keep in mind that if you're looking for an specific spread to be shiny, ID/SID abuse might be required before attempting this RNG.
Step 1: Setup VBA-RR
- Make sure the save mode is set correctly.
- Options > Emulation > Save Type > Automatic & Flash 128K
- Real Time Clock must be enabled in order to obtain Live Battery seeds.
- Options > Emulation > Real Time Clock
- If there are errors when loading past the title screen, such as corrupted save or dead battery message, restart VBA for the changes to take effect.
Step 2: Setup PokeFinder
- In PokeFinder, Choose "Gen 3 Stationary" and click the "Searcher" tab
Input the spread you want and look for results.
- If there are no results, adjust filters until there is a result that you want.
- Make sure PokeFinder is using Method 1
Step 3: Getting your Initial Seed
The seed you got from that screen was simply the seed you must hit when you press
A on encounter.
- To get your initial seed, right click on the seed you are using and choose "Generate times to seed".
The seed will automatically be added into "16-Bit Seed To Time".
- Make sure the year is set to 2000 as other years will not work correctly.
- This will give you your initial seed and the date and time needed to hit your desired seed.
Finding the Frame to hit
- On the screen of PokeFinder below enter your initial seed and spread. Make sure that it is set to search "Method 1". It should look something like this:
- Hit "Generate" and look for results. If you don't get a result, try extending the max results to a higher number.
Step 3: Hitting the Desired Seed and Frame
- Open runasdate (or change your computer clock) and set the date to one listed in "16-Bit Seed To Time".
- If you are using runasdate set up the screen just like how it is shown below:
Note: Unlike Generations 4 and 5, only the hours and minutes matter for hitting the initial seed.
- Hit run and you will open VBA-RR.
- Load the lua script for your game.
Step 4: Finding the delay
- Advance to the final screen before encountering the target Pokemon making save states along the way.
- When you land on your target frame press
A and enter the encounter.
- Take note of the IVs of the Pokemon you encounterd.
- pen a new PokeFinder and input your initial seed and the IVs of the Pokemon encountered.
- Since I hit `A` on Frame 89016 that means 54 Frames went by between my last input (hitting `A`) and the IVs and PID being generated.
- Therefore, to hit my 31/2/31/31/31/31 Modest spread, I must hit frame 180124.
- Target Frame = Desired Frame - Delay
Step 5: Advancing frames
- Advance frames paying attention to the frame count so you don't miss your target frame.
- Advance until you reach your new target frame, pause the emulator again and hold the
- Unpause the emulator and hit your shiny frame!
- If you did everything right, you should be able to hit your desired spread on your Pokemon. If not, calculate how many frames you are off, reload a previous save state, adjust accordingly, and try again.